Friday, July 23, 2010

Last day and 2 weeks away!

Today is the last day of a 10 week internship I've held this summer. It has been quite an experience. This is my sixth internship, but the first time that I've ever worked full time in the journalism world. Normally I work 2 or 3 days and spend most afternoons with Kids Express. It's not been what I expected. It's not difficult, but it's not what I thought it would be. And more than that, I've found that I really miss seeing my kids every day. I love being in the classroom and I feel a lot more comfortable there than in the newsroom. Who knows where I'll end up, but I'm considering getting my Master's in Education so I can teach instead. Only time will tell...
The other big news (well it's much bigger really): Our wedding is only 14 days away!
It hardly feels real; we've been waiting for this to come for so long that it seems like a mean joke and we'll be forced to wait another four months. But it's actually here!
So many exciting things are happening: next week we take our pictures, I'm getting my dress tailored (I sure haven't worn that thing enough and I'm eager to put it back on!), we're signing the lease on our apartment, family is coming into town... Gosh we just can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I can't remember if I already asked, but could you add my new e-mail to your private blog, its clarissajbaxter@gmail.com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Wear your dress as much as you can. I was so sad when my reception and open house were over...a girl waits her whole life to wear that white dress and before you know it it's over. So enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete