Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer time!

I haven't blogged in quite a while, because, let's be honest, my mom is the only one who checks this :) (thanks mom), but my sister reminded me that it's a good way of keeping a journal (which I need to work on too!) So, since it is now summer time and I have a little more freedom, we'll see if I can keep up posting.
I can't even begin to catch up on everything that has happened since my last post in December, but of course our biggest news is that we are having a baby boy! He is due in October and so far is very healthy and doing great. We are so grateful for that and pray that it continues. I have been very blessed as well. I have not been sick much at all. I quickly figured out a routine that works for me and by 7, when I arrived at work each morning, I was not having to leave to be sick. I have been able to keep moving full steam ahead!
And man, we sure have kept busy. I just finished my first year teaching fourth grade at Benjamin Franklin Charter School. I had a great year and a great group of kids. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing many of them next year, but I know they will have a wonderful fifth grade experience! I worked out at our Mesa campus, which closed at the end of May. I still have a job, thankfully, and I will be teaching fourth grade again next year, but out in Queen Creek at the Crismon BFCS campus.
In our ward, I am also working in Young Women's with the Mia Maids and am the ward camp director. Our theme for camp is holidays and my girls and I have Veteran's Day. I have been crazy busy tracking down all things armed forces, making camo pajama pants, and all the other fun things I learned you have to do before you go to camp! Good thing I saw my mom do this just a few times :)
I am taking 2 classes this summer for work (both Spalding training classes which I actually enjoy!), but Austin is happy to be done with school for 3 1/2 months! He still works full time, but an early shift so he is home by 2 every day. It has been so nice to have more time together!
Yesterday, we took a day trip up to the Payson area so Austin could fish and we could get out of the heat. He has recently learned to fly fish, so he was busy in the water, but I spent the day in a camp chair reading :) both of our favorite things!
Telling my parents about the baby (it's their first grandkid!)


These are the first baby clothes we have gotten. One of the parents from my class gave them to me. So cute!
 
Fishing behind Kohl's Ranch
 For some reason these images are kind of skewed. I've never seen Austin looking so small in pictures before!


I greatly enjoyed the shade and my books. I am happy to go fishing again anytime! :)

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog! I'm so excited for you guys! Hopefully this heat isn't too hard on you and that October gets here quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Enjoy getting out of the heat for a while :) That will be great!

      Delete