Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

So despite the fact that Halloween is a pretty pointless holiday, I do admit that I love to dress up and I love all of the fun decorations! Note my emphasis on fun: if it's creepy, drippy, gorey or otherwise gross, it's not my thing. But I do have some fun figures up around the apartment :) Yes, I "borrowed" them from my mom. She has wonderful taste :)

I grew up with these guys around my house and now I'm happy to have them in my own!


This cute project is another idea of my moms and in a rare crafty moment I actually made something for us (besides food)!


Although our actual Halloween weekend was taken over by MOUNDS (no joke) of homework, we went to a costume party a couple weeks ago and dressed up as some of our favorite characters. I chose Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter and Austin chose Sheldon Cooper from the show Big Bang Theory. The budget is tight and we had a lot of fun figuring out these costumes on a dime!


Can you see the resemblance?

At the party, our friend Chelsey put in hours of work and made some delicious treats for us! I especially loved this plate full of chocolate and carmel dipped items. Used Q-tips anyone? ;)



She is so creative!
























1 comment:

  1. That Sheldon Cooper costume is hilarious. We love that show! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete