Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Off

Holidays in the middle of the week are definitely my cup of tea. I managed to get the day off from the Capitol Times and spent the day catching up on homework and reading, but also go to lunch with my mom, grandparents, and two aunts :) Cafe Rio! yum. They toured the Red Door House to see all our unique features. It's a great place, we love it, but it has it's quirks! Like our very bright kitchen...

We're hoping to paint the walls soon and maybe stain the cabinets. Please send any decorating tips our way! :)
This morning, after cleaning the kitchen, my roommate Tarina and I found out that the toaster didn't feel like toasting anymore. Or at least it wouldn't toast on it's own. We had to stand there and hold the button down to keep the bread down. But someone else must have a toaster because this little thing popped up a few hours later:

My friend Holly also came over today to see the place and brought me the cutest housewarming gift. She knows how much of a salsa lover I am ;)

She's so sweet :)

2 comments:

  1. i love the bright kitchen!! what about painting the cabinets instead of staining? bhg.com has tons of really great pics of that. it's very trendy lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, actually we want to paint the cabinets white but our landlord asked us not to...

    ReplyDelete