Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Home Sweet Home


I'm all moved in! After a rapid house search, I found a great place in Tempe. I'm super close to campus (4 minutes to school rather than 25!), the freeway and half an hour closer to Phoenix. What a difference that makes!

I am living with 5 other LDS girls in a big, six-bedroom house, (fondly known as the Red Door House) and we are getting along great. Our newest roommate just moved in Friday. I am the only one from the Valley, the other girls are from St. Johns, AZ, OR, WA, ID, and CA. Four of us are students and two just recently graduated.

I like Tempe; it has a very community, neighborhood feel. They have several large libraries (one across the street. Woo Hoo!), farmers markets and events at the Lake frequently. Yesterday, I read that to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the Lake, renting kayaks, paddle boats and small rowboats is free for a period of time on Saturdays. We missed it yesterday, but are planning on going boating next week!

Sundays we have decided to hold roommate breakfasts, so we get at least one day a week to all eat together. In the evenings it's always hit or miss to see who's home for dinner.

Apparently, our house is infamous in the ward. We're all new to the house and ward, but the Red Door House has quite the reputation. So far, we've discovered that previous tenants threw good parties, but weren't too fond of cleaning. The latter has definitely changed. We're all neat freaks around here, which is appreciated :)

Since I moved in on Monday we have:

- cheered on a successful University 4th Ward softball team

- celebrated a birthday at Organ Stop Pizza

- accidentally killed two carnival-won goldfish

- and decorated Halloween cookies to ding-dong-ditch (even though it's post-Halloween)

More adventures to come!

4 comments:

  1. Awe my sister is having so much fun! Can I move in?! hahaha Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you get along with your roommates and everything is going great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Sarah has a blog. I'm a huge fan since I don't facebook. :) I'm so excited to get to read about how life is going for you rather than only hearing about it from your mom.

    I liked the ding-dong-ditching reference. Lincoln calls the door bell the 'ding-bell'. It makes us all laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet you put a picture of the presents up! Loved seeing the house:) Glad everyone is getting along and all the activities sound like they have been a blast!! Let me know when you guys are planning to go boating. Congratulations, much love and success!

    ReplyDelete