Tuesday, December 1, 2009

All I want for Christmas is...

A working alarm clock!
This morning marked the 7th time since I moved into the Red Door House that my alarm has not gone off and I nearly slept through my day.
I was up late last night working on Spanish homework, and then Melissa, Kara, Tarina and I had a little pow wow in my room. So, I was super sleepy to begin with.
But, I made sure to check my alarm clock and reset it so I would not be late for my Spanish test this morning.
Alas, I failed to listen to the little voice in my head that said "Set your phone alarm too." But fortunately for me, Heaven smiled on me again and someone (miracle of miracles) was up and making noise upstairs at 6:30. As they walked down the creaky stairs to turn on the heater (because yes, it was freezing) I sat bolt upright and flew out of bed. In my nonsensical rush, I failed to realize that taking a shower would just make my morning more difficult. I didn't make the connection until I was already wet. O well. Wet hair for one day won't kill me. It was chilly though!
But, through Grace I made it to a 7:30 exam with clean hair and an even mind. (And fortunately I didn't put pen on my eyes either. As I was quickly putting on some makeup in my room, I accidentally grabbed my Capitol Times pen and held it up to my face! Thankfully, I was a little more cognisant this time around.)
The end of the semester always kills me ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment