Thursday, January 7, 2010

Utah Fashion Show

After much too long of an absense I am posting again! Christmas was great :) I spent several nights at my parents house before we left for our annual Utah Christmas trip. This year it was a little shorter than normal, we were there about 6 days. We skiied twice (yay!), played alot of Werewolf (it's a cousins thing ;) don't ask), and spent New Year's Eve with an entertaining White Elephant gift exchange. Overall a good week :)
Our last day in Utah, my cousin Portia invited me to go to a dance with some of her friends. It was formal dress and strictly ballroom style dancing. I was excited to go but, uh, unless you count a red turtleneck as formal, I wouldn't have met the standard. So Friday morning Portia brought over a bunch of dresses that she had. Some, and I quote, that "I wouldn't be caught dead in, but maybe you'll like it" :)
And so began our Utah Fashion Show:

Kayla looked lovely in her red ballroom-dance-friendly gown.












I on the other hand, looked like a mermaid.












And Portia, those sleeves! Oo la la!










Janie looked very chic, a vision in white satin-like material.










Miss Emery, oh my. That dress is fabulous! I mean it, it's fabulous. Don't let anyone tell you any different. (name the movie!)










As you can tell, we had a blast! We spent hours with those dresses, laughing and taking dozens of pictures. Most can be found on Janie's facebook page, but here's a few more:




Well, the formatting is weird, but you get the point :) by the way, I did find a dress to wear that night:


2 comments:

  1. Sarah! I was so excited to get your blog invite. I've already made a link to your blog from mine. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one you picked was by far my favorite! you guys look so cute.

    ReplyDelete